Houses and condos for rent near me
Rental Condos and Houses in Woodstock
CHIMALIS LLC PROPERTIES
All our condos are currently rented or under deposit, but I do maintain a waiting list for my Chimalis LLC properties (shown below) if you wish to contact me.
OTHER HOUSES AND CONDOS FOR RENT IN WOODSTOCK CT
I can’t help you with the other properties listed below – they are not mine!
- Recent Listings for Houses and Condos for rent in Woodstock CT – updated weekly so do check back. Unless otherwise noted, the listings below are NOT my properties – I am not a realtor and can’t show you properties I don’t own. I don’t list apartments.
- Here’s what the local Shopper’s Guide (which comes out Tuesday) and Woodstock Villager (comes out Fridays) had for Woodstock rental houses or condos. (I don’t display apartments for rent.) See other places where local rentals may be listed. All Woodstock CT phone numbers are (860) area code. I do NOT guarantee the accuracy of any information on this website for properties not owned by Chimalis. Also check Craigslist.
- Beware rental scams on Craiglistfrom people who list properties they do not own. Red flags: They may only communicate via email, and ask for a deposit check/wire transfer which must be sent long distance or to a foreign country.More info on scams.
SORRY! None of MY rental condos are available right now. The following are NOT Chimalis LLC Properties and I canNOT provide any details about them.
- March 27, 2019:
- Woodstock CT house for rent, 3BR, 1.5 baths, ecnlosed porch, stove, frig, DW. Country setting. No smokers, no pets. References required. lease and security deposits. $1200/mo. Call The Beeches Real Estate 860.928.2500.
- March 13, 2019:
- Woodstock House for rent: well maintained 2BR ranch house, new carpets, fresh paint, w/d in basement, new granite counters in kitchen, stove, frig, $1100/mo. Small pets possible. Security deposit, credit check, background check, references. Call Lorna Jean at 860.753.0915.
- Contemporary 2BR with water v iews, private and quiet 3 unit townbhouse on Pond Factor. In N Woodstock. Well maintained end unit with cathedral ceilings and lots of light. All new flooring, windows, appliances and paint. Master en suite bath with whirlpool and separate alcove shower plus guest half bath. Front load W/D. No smoking or pets. $1200/mo plus utilities. Security, first, last, 1 year lease, background and credit check. Last tenants stayed 6 years. 860.465.6905.
- Fro rent in Woodstock, townhouse, available April 1. 2BR, 1 bath, appliances, rear deck, laundry, electric heat (tenant), nice location. No smoking, no pets. Call or text Jim 860.933.6817.
- February 6, 2019:
- Woodstock CT house for rent: 3BR, 1BA, pretty setting, 1 car garage, stove. Refrigerator, DW, screened in porch. No smokers, no pets. References, lease. $1500/mo, security deposits required. Call The Beeches real estate 860.928.2500.
- Woodstock CT house for rent, 3BR, 1.5 bath, enclosed porch, stove, frig, DW, country setting. no smokers, no pets. References required. Lease and security deposits. $1200/mo. Call The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500.
- October 31, 2018: Woodstock CT house for rent – $950, 177 harrisville Rd, 1BR, large yard, w/d hookup. Parking, oil heat, wood floors. Nonsmoking, absolutely no pets. First, last and security required. Email [email protected] with employment references. Inquiries 401-678-0013 (listed again Nov.7)
- October 24, 2018: Woodstock CT 2 BR townhouse, fully renovated. Nice yard, private deck, coin-op laundry. $1000/mo, 1st and deposit required. Good references a must. Please call 860.234.9898.
- October 3, 2018: Woodstock condo for rent, 2 BR, 2.5 BA,appliances included, screened in porch, fireplace, 1 car garage. No smokers, no pets. References and security deposit required. $1300/mo. The Beeches Real Estate, 860.928.2500. (I think this is cornfield point.)
- October 3, 2018: Woodstock Single Family house for rent, 3 BR, 1BA, W/D hook up, stove, frig, 1 car garage and yard. No smoking, no pets. $1300, need first, last and security. Available Nov.1. Call 860.974.2299.
- See previous listings
About this list
We live in Woodstock, CT and own three rental condos, all of which are currently occupied by wonderful tenants. See Why Rent from Chimalis. Since I keep an eye on rental activity in town anyway, I figured I’d set up this webpage on other houses or condos (not apartments) for rent in town, as a service. (I am not a real estate agent.) If I miss a week or two, it’s because I’m out of town on travel. I make no claims/warranties about these other properties. (Please do not call me about rentals that I do not own as I can’t help you – contact the number listed in that ad.) Best of luck to you in your search!
About Woodstock Rentals
There are not very many houses or condos available for rent in Woodstock. (Although 2000 census data said there were 3,044 housing units in town, and 462 were renter-occupied, approximately 95% of people will rent at some point in their lives).
Most advertised houses here run about $1200-1800 per month. I’ve seen some as low as $700 (usually tiny or in very poor condition) but most start at $1000 and run as high as $2100. Condos may be $850 to $1400. A one year rental agreement is usually required. After that it may be month-to-month. Generally the tenant is responsible for utilities. Very few landlords allow smoking. Typically no pets (especially dogs) are allowed because landlords have had bad experiences. (See some tips for pet owners.) The first and last months’ rent, plus a security deposit, are generally required. Credit and references, and criminal records are often checked.
Woodstock is made up of six distinct villages: South Woodstock, Woodstock Hill, North Woodstock, East Woodstock, West Woodstock, and Woodstock Valley. It’s rural and beautiful, with a small but diverse population ranging from farmers to PhD’s. It’s also a big town area-wise, at 62 square miles. The median home price as of 06/07 is $320,000. For more information about quality of life, the educational system, jobs, etc., click here. Also see the Town of Woodstock website.
Other Places to Look for Woodstock Rentals
Most non-realtors list rentals in the Shopper’s Guide/Turnpike Buyer. It comes out locally every Tuesday. Unfortunately the ads are not available online.
You might consider placing an ad that you are looking for a rental, or if you want a place for less than one year.
It’s a good idea to start looking as far in advance as possible. Demand seems to be greatest before school starts. If you find something you really like and can afford, I recommend that you don’t dilly dally. Our homes often rent to the first person who looks at them.
NEWSPAPERS and ONLINE LISTINGS
Craig’s List (you can also post what you are looking for, free)
The Shopper’s Guide (paper copy only, often has local listings of rentals)
The Hartford Courant (usually not good coverage of this area)
The Woodstock Villager (weekly paper) delivered locally, online subscriptions available – not many rentals listed.
Apartment.com (mostly apartments,not much in area)
Rent-o-meter – see what typical rents are in the area of interest (note that this calculator doesn’t consider the condition of the property)
REALTORS: Not too many Woodstock realtors handle rentals. You can try:
Diane White, Berkshire Hathaway at 860.377.4016 – a truly excellent realtor if you are looking at renting or buying in this area! Teamed with her daughter Charlotte Cook, 860.931.6006.
Effie Vinal of Pine Knoll Real Estate at 860.928.0456
Beeches Real Estate at 860.928.2500
Diversified Real Estate at 860.774.3661
A&A Management, 860.779.2325
When Renting Makes Sense – More Info
Moving Assistance – Links
Relocationessentials.com – where to move, info on cost of living, tax rates, crime and school quality, home values, predominant age groups, academic backgrounds
Moving411.com – logistics of packing and choosing a mover, list of rights and responsibilities, free quotes, tips, calculator to figure out weight, size moving truck needed, number of boxes needed. etc.